Have an Impact!
Are you an experienced ministry professional with a passion to inspire and impact the lives of youth and young adults? Do you have an outgoing personality that thrives on building relationships? Do you have a teachable spirit and enjoy working in a team environment, yet flourish when given the space and trust to execute the plan?
As Youth Pastor at Cornerstone, you’ll mentor, disciple, and instill the truth of God’s Word in middle and high school students as they seek to understand their world and how they fit into His plan. You’ll oversee a small group of young adults as they grow and mature as disciples. And you’ll work in a collaborative environment with humble, like-minded men and women who desire to glorify God as we grow together in our faith and make disciples.
Ready to use your gifts to help make a difference for generations to come? Contact us today at 770-806-0005 or email@example.com.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Carrying out Cornerstone Bible Church’s mission and four visions (finding, folding, feeding, and forwarding) with middle and high school students and young adults.
- Building relationships with the youth and young adults for the purpose of providing counsel and discipleship.
- Partnering with the parents of the youth involved in the ministry through quarterly meetings to learn of their particular needs and to gain their support in the program.
- Collaborating with the church elders, pastors, and staff to ensure all teaching and practices are in accord with our Mission, Vision, Statement of Faith, and philosophy of ministry.
- Recruiting, training, and supporting leadership-ready youth and adult coaches for direct involvement in a support ministry role with the youth and young adults.
- Overseeing the curriculum and recruiting appropriate teachers for the Middle School, High School, and Young Adult Sunday School classes.
- Establishing and maintaining age appropriate discipleship classes and/or small groups that may be separated by male/female.
- Counseling individual youth and young adults as needed
- Planning and executing a weekly Youth Meeting for about a group of 30 middle and high school students, with a separate meeting for the young adults.
- Encouraging youth and young adults to identify their spiritual gifts and guiding them on how to utilize those gifts in ministry.
- Planning regular local service projects in the community.
- Visiting local school campuses regularly (as permissible by school rules) in support of relationship building with the youth and in support of outreach programs.
- Promoting accountability through frequent contact with youth and young adults via home visits/calls/texts/informal meetings.
- Planning and executing an annual summer missions experience for the purpose of exposing youth to different cultures as they serve and/or evangalize.
- Participating in the church staff daily prayer times and weekly staff meetings.
- Coordinating all youth and young adult events with the overall church calendar, publicizing activities through the church website and weekly church bulletin, and providing a monthly youth and young adult update to the congregation during the Sunday service.
- Preparing annual Youth Ministry and Young Adult Ministry budgets and presenting to the finance committee for input and approval.
- Preaching during the church service once or twice a year.
- Performing other duties as requested.
Other Useful Skills:
- Knowledge of social media and website management.
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, ProPresenter, Planning Center, and other office software programs.
- Maintain a personal relationship with and be a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited Bible institution in Youth Ministry, Christian Ministry, Biblical Studies, or other related fields, AND/OR a Seminary Degree from a fully accredited Seminary.
- A minimum of 1 year church-related ministry.
- Accepts and supports the CBC Statement of Faith without reservation (https://cbclilburn.org/new-to-cbc/what-we-believe)
- Agrees to accountability to the CBC Board of Elders through the Senior Pastor.
- Medical benefits for staff member and family (no dental or vision).
- Paid vacation starting at 5 working days per year, with increase dependent on the years of service.
- Flexible sick days dependent upon approval.
- Holiday pay as specified by our policy.
- Retirement savings at 10% of base pay after 2 years employment.
- Housing allowance per IRS regulations.
- Flexible work arrangements around the daily staff prayer and weekly staff meetings.
- Two days off per week, except Sundays, and upon approval of Senior Pastor.